Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reading "DOG" In The "REVERSE" Manner!

I thought my dog deserved more place in my life and starting with a post on her after a long time was definitely a better option. Besides she does nothing apart from eating, sleeping and shitting around!

People hardly believe but I used to shit bricks on seeing a dog when I was a kid. Well it kind of went up to my 10th grade! I had to literally ask Deep to drop me home with those stray canines roaming around on the streets and building complex.

Anyway my tryst with these descendants of wolves started a little later when I was on a trip to Chennai and was at this unknown station watching a coke can with "Coke" written in Tamil on it. Interesting! And my cell rings. It was my sister and she said on the phone,"I've got the puppy home! Dad said not to have her. What do you wanna do?" Now thats a lot of answer for the question I was facing. Besides the coke can seemed more fascinating! I just stammered that I'll decide what to do when I came back.

When I finally got back home, I rung the bell at 5 in the morning. I was home after 7 days and was sort of looking forward to it. My sister opened the door. And this animal in white fur walks from behind her legs. Sleepy like hell, slowly treading towards me wanting to sniff me. She was barely as big as my forearm but her tail was awesome. Yea I have this thing for tails, whiskers and eyes in animals! Very rarely do I every call stuff cute or moments cute. I think this was one of those moments, when you actually feel like shouting out "cuteeeeee" like those melloD girls do and most definitely, it comes from within your heart! I think she had huge ears which really looked good since not a lot of dogs have it. I spent the rest of the time watching her move around the room, getting used to the place.

It had become an everyday struggle with parents. But I had decided that dog would stay. It had already become an integral part of my life. Innocence was defined in a new manner! She was an essence of happiness and vigour and joy. More importantly, she taught me how to spend time alone. Retrospections became a daily part of my life teaching me to concentrate on my strengths. Showing me my capabilities, understanding myself better!

Though my dog is pretty much an epitome of being dumb. I think I started calling her dyslexic after watching Taare Zameen Par. Not that she cannot hold on to stuff and catch stuff easily but somehow my dog just cant sniff. She feels embarrassed in front of my mom, dad and sister since they seem to have a a far better olfactory response. Neither does my dog pick up bags from the main door to the kitchen. And I'm sure she'd be floored by a robber who enters with even 1% compassion! But I dont think she should be subject to such stereotype dogs, I think I got various apt nicknames for her moods.

She walks like a seal when just awake making a lot of effort. Slipping at times. Her fur resembles that of a grizzly bear but then a polar bear fits the bill better. Once her food is served dinosaurs is what takes over her. You can actually spot her canines with intricate details on plaque on them! My dog is a big time fattu, so its more like calling her a pussy, I meant cat! :P When someone comes home, she stands on the sofa hand rest like Lion King just about to roar in happiness! When someone's taking her down, she's like a kangaroo jumping constantly till the doors are opened. The way she opens her legs and hands while sleeping makes her resemble a lizard. Crawls like a croc. I think I pretty much have a zoo at home!

Its fun to have her fluffy blanket body on the bed but it could get it you because she will never sleep with her back towards you. She'll stick her wet nose on your body and exhale at five times the normal speed making your ears feel like a nearby tornado! But she sleeps pretty peacefully. It could get a little jealous when she sleeps for nearly 12-14 hours in a day. At times she stick a little part of her tongue out in deep sleep. I never knew dogs dream! My dog digs when she dreams!

More importantly my dog taught me that having dogs is a better option than having kids in a million ways! I can actually count them! No that doesnt mean I wont have sex either! Thank god for condoms! :P

I think the best part about having a dog comes from the movie Marley and Me. I could figure myself with a striking similarity to John Grogan. But here's how it went,

A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?

No comments: